Love is the answer

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 | Stamp in My Passport||

Wednesday, December 19, 2012


When I was driving home from school on Friday I was worried about 3 things, 
traffic, getting ready to go back to work and my final grades of the semester...


Then while listening to the radio they started talking about the tragic school shooting..then they mentioned the kids... And suddenly nothing in my life was as urgent as it was 2 minutes before....I pulled off the highway so I could google the story and then I just cried...


I just remember thinking its not right it's not fair those poor little babies 
and it was just an overwhelming sadness...

Things like this scare me {as they should} they make me nervous about the future...I don't have kids but as a woman who wants them one day I felt my motherly instincts kick in and I just cried for those parents and brothers and sisters and grandparents... I can't imagine what those families are feeling!!! 

I titled this post love is the answer because thats what I believe we are all searching for!! 
Now I'm not saying this wouldnt have happened if the man who did this horrible act was loved more but I do know that love can change even the darkest of hearts...

So my plea to you is simple, love everyone you come in contact with, whether its family or friends or a complete stranger, whether it's someone who's done you wrong or someone you've hurt yourself....love them, because you never know, your kind words to someone could stop them from doing something like what happened in Newtown...the love you show them can restore their faith in humanity!!!!


I know a lot of people are wondering how can we help...
well a few of my favorite blogs have inspired me post a few links to sites that are accepting donations!!

There's a lot of people getting involved in helping this beautiful community survive this tragic event...
so if you're looking for a way to help, 
go to any of the sites listed,
and I'm sure you'll find what your looking for!!! 


Keep Newtown in your prayers especially over the next few days and weeks as they lay the beautiful children to rest and try to pick up the pieces!!! 

-Emily

No comments: