xoxo gossip girl

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Tuesday, December 18, 2012


As I'm writing this post,
I'm watching the final episode of Gossip Girl. 
Is this even real life? 
I've devoted six years of my life 
to debating Dan and Serena,
Chuck and Blair,
Nate and Serena, 
Dan and Blair
...
the madness went around in circles
season after season.

This show created fashion icons. 
Blair Waldorf is the reason that headbands
came back into style.
Almost every actor and actress has been on the 
cover of a magazine. 
And who could forget the infamous Chuck Bass basketball outfit? 


You better believe that Samantha and I 
will lunch on the Met steps every day
on our trip to nyc for spring break.
My goal is to have a gossip girl themed trip.


In my opinion, Josh Schwartz is a genius. 
Unfortunately I got into The O.C. too late 
and had to watch reruns every afternoon on Soap Net
during high school. I was instantly hooked on the show.
And when I heard that Schwartz was working on a 
East Coast version, I knew I would fall in love all over again.


I hate to say that I see myself as a Blair, but it's true. 
I always thought that Serena gets everything handed to her 
and didn't understand why people don't like her sometimes. 
Blair, on the other hand, worked hard for what she wanted
{albeit she mainly schemed of some sort, but she had good intentions.}

I won't give any spoilers about the final episode 
because I know there are some of you less dedicated fans 
who will watch it on Hulu later. Shame on you. 


What character do you most identify with? 
Are you team Chuck and Blair?
{if your answer to the second question is no, i don't think we can be friends.}

xoxo
Jess

1 comment:

Erinn C.D. said...

Somehow, I had no idea this was a Josh Schwartz show. I have never watched it because The O.C. was my teenage drama show and nothing else I tried to watch good (or maybe bad...) enough to take it's place. I think I'll have to give it a try!
--Erinn