1 {YEAR} ago...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport||

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It was exactly 1 year ago that i was sitting in the game room of my house packing my suitcase.
I was nervous, and excited...and terrified!
Little did i know i was about to embark on the most amazing trip of a lifetime.

I don't really remember this day very well...i know i ran some last minute errands and packed.
Then the rest of the day i spent time with my family.

As you can see i packed WAY too much stuff...like way way too much...
I didn't know what i was getting myself into so i just packed everything i thought i needed.
If i could do this again...i would NOT pack this much stuff!!!


 I was able to fit everything into a suitcase and my backpack which was really nice HOWEVER...
I was unaware my suitcase was completely falling apart...like SO BROKEN...
I had to cart that bad boy all the way to Paris with one working wheel...
Even worse, i had to cart it home at the end with ZERO working wheels...


Funny story..we were walking through the metro stations in paris when i heard something dragging under my suitcase. I stopped and peeked under to find the support rod hanging out of my suitcase.
So i ripped it out and threw it away and kept dragging my suitcase...
Make sure your luggage is in good shape before you embark on a 3 month long trip..

{This is what it looked like when we landed in Dallas.......}

I can't believe it's been a year..it's absolutely insane.
I will always cherish the time i had in Paris and the people i met a long the way.
Amazing experience..If you have the chance to study abroad TAKE IT!!!!

-Emily

1 comment:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

When I moved to Scotland I had this awesome LL Bean duffle on wheels. Cost a fortune. When I picked my bag up at baggage claim the handle and wheel had ripped off. Nice. They have an awesome warranty, but I've just never called about it. Maybe I should get on that. I swear those guys must throw them under the moving plane. How else do they get so damaged?!?!

The over packing is a problem the world over. I can't even believe the things I brought with me and then things I left behind. WHAT was I thinking?!?!