Until It Reaches Whirlpool Levels

Monday, January 7, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport||

Monday, January 7, 2013

I'm not gonna lie to you guys; I like to think of myself as a pretty classy person. Like the type that would choose Chick-Fil-A over McDonald's. You know what I think is one of the fanciest foods ever? A poached egg. When's the last time you saw one of those on a menu that didn't serve salmon? Exactly. If I'm being honest, I'll tell you that I didn't even like eggs {scrambled, over easy, fried, poached, etc} until like three years ago. They kind of have a gross texture, especially when they're cold. Ughhh. So after perusing Pinterest the other morning, I became inspired to try my hand at a poached egg. It wasn't easy, & it took a couple tries, but once you master it, it's the coolest thing ever. I am now kind of obsessed with poached eggs {I've had 8 over the course of 3 days...}. So you're pretty lucky to have me to teach you how.

- Boil 3-4 inches of water in a saucepan 

- Crack egg into small bowl & add a drop of vinegar



- **** The most important step: just before you drop the cracked egg into the boiling water, stir the water with a large whisk in a clockwise motion until it reaches whirlpool levels. This helps the egg keep its shape.





- Drop the egg into the whirlpool & reduce water to a simmer

- Wait 3.5 - 4 minutes

- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon & place on a paper towel to absorb the extra water



- Admire your new talent cause you're awesomeeee!

My photo editing site crashed, so here's an unedited picture of what it looks like. 

Lemme know how yours goes!


-Samantha


PS- Make sure to follow us on here. That is if you like awesome stories & funny people. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum and I have to ask, what photo editing site do you like?
http://itsabouttakingthejourney.blogspot.de