Weekly Wishes No. 1

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Tuesday, August 20, 2013


I am linking up (better late than never) with Meylssa and other organized/goal oriented ladies to share my weekly wishes. I would like to think that I am an organized person who likes to have an end goal in mind, but to be honest, during the school year my one goal for the week is to make it to the weekend. Which, let me tell you, is a horrible goal because time goes by too quickly and you have nothing to show for your week.

1. Update my resume. I decided to attend the Society of Professional Journalists' conference in Anaheim, CA this weekend. And while I have no interest in a career in journalism, you never know which execs you will have the opportunity to schmooze.

2. Organize my planner. I am making the switch to Google Calendar to keep track of all my assignments and meetings. Between classes and two jobs, I don't want to let anything slip through the cracks. I have always been a firm believer in a written planner, and I will still use mine for daily assignments and to-do lists, but this semester I am switching to digital because I always have my phone with me. Do you have another calendar app that you use? I'm all ears on this front.

3. Step away from the television. The fall tv season is still several weeks away and I do not need to watch reruns of Barefoot Contessa and Real Housewives. Now all I have to do is find something to occupy those extra hours in my day. 

What are your goals for this week?

The Nectar Collective

6 comments:

Samantha Rose said...

I stick to my A5 Filofax for all my planning. There's something so throwback and pleasing about writing in it or referring to it. Geek at heart :)

iamsamantharose.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I tried going digital with my planning, but I found it was much easier and better for me to stick with my written planner.

Aimee said...

I do both. I really can't seem to get away from a written planner but I like having the reminders on my phone too.
Good luck with your wishes this week! :)

Sheryl {BellybuttonsandBows} said...

As much as I LOVE my calendar on my phone (it links up with my husbands which is awesome), I do still want my planner. I love writing everything in a planner, it just seems to work better for me!!! I also know what you mean about fall TV, I have way too many shows that will be starting up so I need to get things figured out now before I plop my butt on the couch :)

Good luck on all your wishes!!

Megan said...

I just use my regular Apple calendar on my iPhone because it also syncs to my laptop and iPad over iCloud. I linked up with Weekly Wishes for the first time this week, too! It's a great way to put my goals out there and push myself to actually accomplish them. :)

Unknown said...

I can not digital plan to save my life. I have to write stuff down and then highlight it when I'm done. It's good stress relief for me.