Friday Favorites: Home Office

Friday, November 22, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport| , |

Friday, November 22, 2013

Photo credit (clockwise): 

Over the past several weeks, I've been toying with the idea of pursuing freelance work until I find something more permanent and then also to help fund the trips I know I will be taking. If I want to seriously work on my own, I need an office space that reflects that. A laptop and time spent laying in bed or on the couch does not a home office make. Mine will have fresh flowers, natural light, an inspiration/gallery wall and open shelving above. 

For those of you who are self-employed or who work from home, what are your must haves to keep you focused, inspired and creative in your space? Does the dining room table transform to a conference table from 9-5?

4 comments:

The Happy Type said...

I don't have a creative space...unless the floor of my living room counts? I didn't think it did, either. Haha, I love the inspiration you found though because it's got me dreaming as well! And yes to the flowers and natural light!

Unknown said...

I want every. one. of. these. pictures!!! Looks like such a great space to unwind & get to work.

Postcards from Rachel said...

I have a desk near the window but it's not really a creative space. My favorite thing ever is to go through Pinterest to find awesome office inspiration! One day I will have my own. ;)

Anna @ Eat, See, Do said...

I work from home with a freelance career and haven't quite got my perfect creative space yet because we have such a small space. The best thing I did was getting a laptop I loved and that I can take with me and make any cafe into a working space. I do dream of the perfect space though. I would love any of those beautiful, well lit spaces!