Farmers Markets and Produce Stands

Thursday, May 22, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport||

Thursday, May 22, 2014

It's that time of the year. Where everything is freshly picked close to home and not shipped in from halfway across the world. Of Saturday mornings spent at the farmer's market, followed by Saturday afternoon drives to the peach orchard for the best homemade peach ice cream you've ever tasted. Food is lighter, less cooked (aka less time having to cook) and you always have sweet snacks on hand that don't leave you feeling guilty after eating the whole carton. 

Grab your market tote and a cup of coffee and see what you can find. The best part of farmer's markets is that you can usually learn a few tricks on how to pick the best fruits and veggies and what exactly to do with them once you get home. 

3 comments:

Kaelene Spence said...

I love going to farmers markets and getting the fresh produce, so good!

Gina Alyse said...

I just looked up good farmers' markets around my hometown-- I'm so excited for this season! Everything just looks sooo yummy! xo, gina

Jess said...

me too. and i love going there to pick up fresh flowers as well :)