Weekly Wishes

Monday, October 6, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, October 6, 2014

This weekend was perfect. I spent more time on my porch than I did indoors and that is a win in my opinion. I also went shoe shopping and ended up stocking up for quite some time. I may or may not have bought the same pair of flats in three colors. When you find a good thing, don't question it.

It has been quite a long time since I wrote a Weekly Wishes post. I got tired of setting goals that I knew I would most likely not follow through with. Also, for a while I was simply taking everything one day at a time and didn't have the energy to think multiple days into the future of what I would like to accomplish. 

But here I am. Sitting down, writing goals and determining to complete them within the next seven days. 

1. A few days ago, I came across the complete Rory Gilmore Reading Guide with every book Rory ever read or referenced on the show. 339 in all. I am contemplating tackling the list, of course not in the next week, more like the next few years. It's time to make a game plan. 

2. Not eat out for an entire week. What starts at buying lunch one day because I don't have time to pack anything, then turns into eating out every meal for a weekend even though my freezer is full. It's time to make use of my Recipe board on Pinterest. 

3. Make a list of all of the furniture that I'm missing. It's time to begin to finish decorating my apartment. I had two weeks to pick out the necessary pieces in order to move and now it's time to decide on the finishing touches. 

8 comments:

Jess said...

Well maybe we can hold each other accountable!

Erika said...

Yeah, I feel you on the whole not eating out thing. It's so easy to fall into a rut of going out to eat all the time because it's "easy." I've been meaning to try some Pinterest recipes out, let us know if anything turns out well!

andruida said...

I need to get my hands on the omplete Rory Gilmore Reading Guide! That will motivate me to read more! I think might do that challenge as well!

Jess said...

I definitely will! I have my eye on a crock pot chicken gyro that looks promising and easy :)

Jess said...

Best of luck! It's a little daunting and I will probably need to keep a dictionary handy while reading most of them, but I think it sounds like a lot of fun. A great excuse to read through the classics and revisit some from my high school english class.

melaniekay said...

Great list. Mondays are a perfect day to start a to do list!
Melanie @ meandmr.com

esther julee said...

stopping by from weekly wishes. :) sometimes it's good to take a break. and oh no.. not another list.. every time i see one of these.. i keep adding to my queue! haha

Cheryn Bloom said...

I've been rather bad with the eating out too because I just don't make the time to to pack lunch - I'll try and make more of an effort next week! GOod luck with your goals :-)